Alverno uses SCOIR to send electronic application documents, schedule college visits, and plan the entire college search and application process. If students are not able to log-in, please contact Mrs. Royal at email@example.com to reset your password.
A College Board resource for college and scholarship research.
Learn how to plan and apply to the UC’s nine undergraduate campuses.
Learn how to plan and apply to the CSU’s 23 undergraduate campuses.
One of the main application portals your daughter will use in her college application process, with over 900 university members across all 50 U.S. states and 20 countries.
A coalition of over 300 colleges and universities committed to supporting lower-income, under-resourced, and/or first-generation college students through main college application.
The National Catholic College Admission Association is a non-profit organization of Catholic colleges and universities across the country committed to promoting the values of Catholic higher education and serving students in the transition to college.
An organization that connects first-generation and underrepresented students to caring colleges and generous scholarships.
A consortium of over 40 liberal arts colleges across the country dedicated to the advancement and support of a student-centered college search process.
A consortium of 160+ institutions in 16 Western States that allow out-of-state students to pay in-state resident tuition.
Suggested Reading For Families
Here are list of books that are great resources to help students and parents better understand the college admission landscape and to research/plan for the college process:
- Fiske Guide to Colleges by Edward Fiske
- The Gatekeepers by Jacques Steinberg
- Where You Go is Not Who You’ll Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania by Frank Bruni
- The Truth About College Admissions: A Family Guide to Getting in and Staying Together by Rick Clark and Brennan Barnard
- Harvard Schmarvard: Getting Beyond the Ivy League to the College that is the Best for You by Jay Mathews
- College Match: A Blueprint for Choosing the Best School for You by Steven Antonoff
- Colleges that Change Lives by Loren Pope
- College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step by Robin Mamlet
- Conquering the College Admissions Essay in 10 Steps by Alan Gelb
- College Essay Essentials by Ethan Sawyer
- Paying for College: Everything You Need to Maximize Financial Aid and Affording College by Princeton Review
- The Ultimate Scholarship Book 2020: Billions of Dollars in Scholarships, Grants, and Prizes by Glen Tanabe and Kelly Tunable
- Letting Go: A Parents’ Guide to Understanding the College Years by Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger